5:22 PM

Olive Juice: Army Chic Vogue V8909 Altered.

Now that fall is rolling back around again, its time to create and in this case finish projects in warm fall colors don't you think???




Yeah so... this is again, one of those WIP projects from last year.  So long ago I cannot thoroughly remember where I purchased the fabric.  I am about 80% certain it came from JoAnns and from the denim/bottom weight area.  The fabric has stretch salvage to salvage is about 7 oz in weight.  

The pattern I used for these pants is V8909, I widened the waistband and created a waistband to tie.  At first I pondered creating belt loops but wanted the elastic bunching to show with the belt below.  For this, I topstitched the belt to the back of the pants (pocket to pocket) right in the seam between the waistband and the pants.  I also inserted (4) one inch darts, two in the front and two in the back.  Both centered.  Everything else was by the pattern. 

Any who, on Sunday's as of late, my daughter and I have been making time just for us two.  She usually take my pictures anyway (she's getting better each time) so I decided lets go to this waterfall that she likes so much.  I carried my heels and jacket and threw on some flats.  Chile.... this girl had my on a good mile hike!!! The trail started right across from my property, and we probably could have gotten there faster if the trail was a straight shot, it was great letting her take me somewhere I had never been and her taking control of the direction.  It was hilarious hearing her checking on me... "Ma, are you good?".  I responded "I'm grown, I got this but wish you would have told me to put on some sneaks!".  Gotta love that kid.  

Here are some of the pics we took.  I actually plan on making these again before the end of the year with some improvements.  I will be sure to make a tutorial this time as well.  

Heels: Zara
Tank: Vince
Leather Jacket: Vince
Necklace: Unkown, from Saks Fifth Avenue


















Happy Sewing!  

Muah
-J


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Yesssss! I love how you hacked this pattern! It's one of my fav's. You did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she did a great job! You might be grooming a photographer! Those pants are everything, I like how you kept the gathering of the waistband showing in addition to the tie. Usually the tie would cover all of that up.

    StyleSewMe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Warrior! I needs to pictures to be bigger so we can see your beautiful creations...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like they way the turned out. I have a WIP I look at every day on my dress form and this dress might end up being a top with a flounce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! Great dress. I really like the styling here too.
    Crepe Fabric

    ReplyDelete

So what you do think? Comment below!

© Needles and Fashion. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig